Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pears & Bottles

Beverly Gurganus "Pears & Bottles" 20x16 Oil on Canvas


I started this piece a few months ago when I was asked to paint live at a student art show. Last year's show I painted portraiture, so this year I chose to paint still life. In this piece my challenge was to paint color glass while maintaining its transparency. I have done several drawings of transparency, but this is my first attempt painting a transparent object. I was intimidated at first, but as I continued to build up the paint and step back to view the painting, I grew very excited of its development. I am now in the process of planning my next still life that will also include colored glass along with the striped cloth.






3 comments:

  1. The colored glass looks beautiful. You did an amazing job with this one.! Congratulations.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a beautiful painting, Beverly. The transparency of the colored glass came out perfectly as well as the folds on the fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog...I would love to hear your thoughts!