Thursday, June 9, 2011

MacArthur Museum Commissioning

Beverly Gurganus


"America's Heroes"


3ft. x 5 ft. Acrylic on Canvas





It has been a crazy past couple of months. My daughter's home schooling year has come to an end along with my art classes I teach, and my oldest daughter has graduated. In the midst of party planning, preparing for a Student Art Show, and closing out grades, I received an e-mail from a friend informing me of a museum looking for an artist to paint a panel for them to be displayed at our local Botanical Gardens. Of Course, I followed up on that by e-mailing my digital portfolio.




The Memorial requested that the theme of the panel be patriotic while honoring past and present veterans...the catch was I only had one week to plan and paint the panel. Above is what I came up with in such a short time. This piece will be at Norfolk Botanical Gardens June 18th thru the Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for visiting my blog...I would love to hear your thoughts!