Friday, September 9, 2011

Zentangled

My second school year teaching home schooled art began this past week. This year, I've not only expanded my classes to include 1st - 3rd graders, but I've also added 3-D design and some other mediums to my curriculum. I'm excited to create with them.

I was going through one of the supply catalogues when I decided to browse through the teacher resource books. I found this book about the art form, Zentangle. Did a little research on the Internet and thought that this would appeal to the 4th - 6th grade students. I looked up materials on the subject and ordered the book "Zentangle Basics".

The above picture is my demo for my students. I have to admit that my students are not the only ones who will be enjoying this...I think I'm hooked :D I have a few ideas of what to do next.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, Beverly. I looked up Zentangle, and I think your students will absolutely love this...very unique.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog...I would love to hear your thoughts!