Saturday, March 13, 2010

Inspiration

There was a break in the rainy weather today, and the sun began to peek through the clouds. I felt a wave of excitement because I thought that one of my goals would not be met due to the predicted forecast.

I came to Corolla NC to celebrate my anniversary, but that was not my only motivation for being here. As I have mentioned in a previous post, I will be painting live at an art show and was in need of inspiration for the background of my painting...a natural element. I knew that I needed something that related to the ocean/beach but was unsure of what. What better way to get inspiration than to put yourself in the natural environment that your trying to portray.

As I walked the beach smelling the fragrance of the ocean, hearing the sounds of the waves, and holding the shells in my hands, the ideas began to flood my mind. I now find myself eager to work on this piece!

What do you do when you need some inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for visiting my blog...I would love to hear your thoughts!