Thursday, September 2, 2010

To Teach or To Not Teach

Work from a former Art Student
Oil Pastel
When I was surprise with the news of expecting my third child, the decision was made that I would quite work and become a stay at home mom. I have enjoyed being home with her and I would never trade that time with her for anything.

It has been three years since I have been in the class room with students, and when I was approached about teaching art to a group of home school children, I was hesitant to accept. With much consideration, I accepted the position.

I have spent the last month preparing for this school year and it wasn't until I pulled out my resources that I had in storage, that I realized how much I missed teaching and interacting with my students. I've planned out the year with drawing and painting units and we will close our year with a student art show...so excited!

Today, I had an orientation/Meet and Greet with the students and their parent/s. The meeting went well and we are set to begin classes next week. I will definitely share with you some of their work. :)


2 comments:

  1. How wonderful for you, Beverly. I look forward to seeing your student's artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Diane. The classes are going well and I will post pics soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog...I would love to hear your thoughts!