Monday, July 25, 2016

Travel Sketchbook

I love sketch journals, but haven't consistently kept one.  Pinterest has so many examples of beautiful sketch journals from other artist, and I would say to myself that I will one day start one, but one day seemed to never come until... now.

I began meeting a friend occasionally to do some on site sketching, and I found that I was enjoying it more than I expected.  I went and bought an inexpensive watercolor set (just until I get a feel for the medium) so that I can first, experiment with the medium since I have never been formally trained in watercolor, and secondly, so I can add some color to my sketches.  I'm starting to get a feel for the medium, but I have a long way to go.

My husband came up with an idea to do a Bahama Cruise (which caught me by surprise since he really has a hard time staying away from the mountains and we go every chance we get), but he has always wanted to try a cruise and he felt the time was right.  I don't know what I was most excited about...the chance to see new places or the opportunity to do a travel journal of the Bahamas.

Below are some of the sketches from my journal:









Sketch Journals are now a part of me and I will continue to journal.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for visiting my blog...I would love to hear your thoughts!