Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The start of a few more paintings



A couple of the paintings I will be starting in hopes to have complete by Christmas.
The top is of the store that my step Mother-in-Law's Father owned. He is now past and she was sadden by the fact that it recently was torn down. I decided that painting this memory for her would be the best gift I could possibly give her.
The second is for my parents. My Mother has been wanting me to paint their portrait and I was surprised to see that she wanted me to paint their younger years. This is challenging for me b/c the reference pics are of them individually and at different time frames. This is my rough sketch and I still need a little tweaking before I start adding paint.

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing these paintings finished Beverly. The store will be a memory treasured for your step Mother-in-law as well as the painting of your mom and dad. So far you put down a great sketch...!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog...I would love to hear your thoughts!