Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Candy Lady

Every Sunday after the church service, this sweet lady sits outside the church door with her candy box on her lap just waiting for the little children to come and pick their special treat. I have witnessed this for several years and in the past few months the desire to capture this moment on canvas has lead me to taking this picture.
I am looking forward to painting this portrait and only hope to successfully portray the kindness that floods the heart of this dear lady.

2 comments:

  1. She is such a life saver! Those lollies are my son's transition to the car. Otherwise I'd probably be chasing him up and down the halls every week! It's also a great opportunity to have him practice his Ps and Qs. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...yeah, all the children know where to go after church :) Funny how a little candy can make you so popular.

    It may be a while before starting this piece, the wheels are turning and some new ideas of how to incorporate my patterns is being processed...

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog...I would love to hear your thoughts!