Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Re-worked and SOLD!

Baby Kisses, 20" x 16" Oil on Canvas, Beverly Gurganus
I introduced this painting several months ago when I was planning my live painting at a local school. I have shared with you the progression of this painting as I have worked on it and found that I needed to share the final results.
I picked this back up and reworked the flesh tones. The tones of the Mother were competing with the tones of the daughter. I opted to cool the flesh tones of the Mother rather than warm the tones of the daughter.
I find myself attached to this painting (not b/c I think it is the best I've ever done) because I can relate to the relationship of Mother and Daughter. It brings me joy and I hope that the buyer of this piece will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed painting it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for visiting my blog...I would love to hear your thoughts!